Wednesday, March 20, 2013

An Ostara Tarot Spread

Ostara, the Spring Equinox

This used to be my most hated time of year:

  • School (post secondary) is just about out, which meant I was at the tail end of my student loan money, which meant I needed to look for something asap in an effort to beat out all the other college students
  • Spring forward, yah, move the clock ahead and lose an hour... right, not cool
  • Spring clothes, gross.  That meant fresh pinks, flowers and pretty little shoes.  Ultimately, no more turtle necks, and bye bye boots
As it were, give me pink, give me lace and give me floral flowy anything!  I retired my turtle necks a few years ago, and have not missed them a bit.  I just finished my last student loan payment, yah me! And, having a child, I've lost sleep so many years ago, it doesn't much matter to me if we gain or lose an hour.  And it goes without saying, I am now a shoe )o(  I love them, strappy, pretty, sparkly and high.  Stilettos and Snow, no go :(

Ostara, my first celebrated Sabbat as I make my journey down this new path.  I don't feel overwhelmed by it, in fact, I welcome the joy of the balance it celebrates.  It feels flirty, sensual, alive and new. I love the balance of light equalling dark and all other balancing forces this turn represents.  As a Leo I am destined by the Sun.  As an #IndigoSpirit, I am guided by the Moon.  I am driven by the power of both, so this transition has an intense meaning for me.


To celebrate, here's a personal spread for Ostara.

Each placement of the cards are balanced, allowing for an internal/external POV, the essential base behind all IndigoSpirit readings.  It also coincides well with the balancing of light and darkness at Ostara. This spread can be a general, seasonal, spread.

** A Gift in Me, A Gift to you **

1
2|4    3|5
6|8    7|9
10|11
12

1. Claim Card ~ Current Life Position
2. What do I need to do to allow spirit to breath new life in me?
3. What old burdens do I need to expel?
4. Where is my emotional strenght?
5. How am I being emotionally weak?
6. I need to consider and be more aware...
7. I need to not worry about...
8. My intentions are best placed by...
9. I should stop wasting my time on...
10. In light and sun, his majestic power advises me 
11. In protective moonlight, her divinity shows me
12. Ostara Card ~ A balanced blessing, seeds worth planting

*As advised, so in service*

Love and Light,
Amanda

Follow me on Twitter @indigospiritspa

No comments:

Post a Comment